Sunday, November 23, 2008

Skateboarding Days

The other day Jackson was begging to go to the skate park, so we gave it a go. I even broke out my coveted Lance Mountain board. A few of the younger kids saw my old school board and wanted to give it a try so I let them. I was feeling pretty cool, like I was something special because I had this cool board. Jackson was loving watching all the boarders make their next best move, and he was giving it his best shot. I of course thought I had to show him that I still had the moves and was a cool dad. So, I tried going down a steep drop in hill(not the one in the picture in case you were wondering), and I bailed flat out. Scraped up my hands, hip, and elbows. My kids came running to my aide to see if I was ok. Of course I was, as I got up and had all the young kids at the park staring at this old skateboarder. Boy did I think I was cool then! Lesson learned, just talk the talk to the kids and don't walk the walk!

No comments: